Canna Infused Sugar cookies are the perfect fun treat to get you stoned this Christmas season.
* This recipe requires you to have cookie cutters in Christmas shapes *
Tips to take note of before commencing your baking:
* Chilling your dough is an important step before baking your cookies, so the shapes retain their form.
* Food coloring can be used to achieve the bold colors you want when icing shapes such as trees, candy canes & gingerbread men.
* If using sprinkles, sprinkle them immediately once you ice your cookies so they stick properly
* Once baked, cookies can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
* Keep out of reach from children. This is an adult only treat!
* 1 cup of canna butter
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 medium sized eggs
* 1 1/2 tea spoons of high quality vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup of your favorite Christmas themed sprinkles
Butter Cream Frosting ingredients:
* 1 cup of butter (canna butter if you want stronger cookies)
* 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
* 5 cups powdered sugar
* 2 tablespoons whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
* 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
* Food coloring (red, green or whatever colors you prefer)
* In a medium sized bowl, beat butter & sugar until smooth, aprox 2 minutes.
* Add your eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
* Add vanilla and salt, slowly incorporate flour until throughly combined.
* Remove dough from the bowl and place onto large sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a circle and chill for at least 1-2 hours.
* Once chilled throughly, preheat oven to 350• F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
* Roll out dough into a rectangle and cut as many shapes with your cookie cutters as possible, when there is no room remaining, roll out the remainder dough and repeat.
* Place your cookies on the sheet aprox. 1 1/2 inches apart from each other.
* Chill cookies in pan in fridge for 20 mins.
* Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are set, being careful not to over cook. Edges should just barely be turning golden.
* Cool cookies completely before frosting.
* Using an electric hand mixer in a mixed in sized bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until creamy.
* Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix well, add a bit of the whipping cream alternating with the powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. You may not need all of the whipping cream.
* Add the vanilla and almond extract and continue beating for aprox. 2 minutes on medium speed. Consistency should be light, fluffy and creamy.
* Important to not over beat as the frosting will separate and be hard to use.
* If not using frosting immediately, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Keep in cool spot until ready to use.
* To decorate, separate frosting into smaller bowls and mix with food coloring until desired color is reached.
* Pipe or spread onto cooled cookies and design as desired.
Now that you have the perfect sugar cookie and creamy butter cream recipe with a cannabis kick, you’re ready to start the holidays off with a buzz. Enjoy the holiday fun decorating your delicious cookies. Merry Christmas from our canna fam to yours! 🎄